Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Free from the Stronghold of Panic


Panic is the epitome of fear. Fear taken to the extreme surprises its victims with an attack of panic that appears life-threatening. When a stronghold of panic is present the fearful extremes can repeat in panic attacks for days, months, and even years.

Words, places, people, and certain days can trigger the panic attack. Usually, its catalyst is an old fear that has never been resolved or released to the Lord. That's your hot button.
Panic-attack
Panic-attack (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

If you’ve ever had a panic attack you felt your heart racing and you might have even seen it pounding in your chest raising and lowering rapidly to the pace of the accelerated pounding. You have a hard time breathing, your head is spinning, and overall you feel as if you are going to die.

Even though you think you’re sure you are having a heart attack take heed and take heart, you are just a victim of panic. (At these times, try: breathing in a paper lunch bag slowly, relaxing your shoulders and back, walking slowly while concentrating on your breathing, stretching your arms, legs, and even body.)

That doesn’t mean the extreme emotional response that caused the panic won’t create a problem in your body, it just means that you should be able to seek out and resolve the trigger before panic can affect your health. As with all other strongholds, the enemy is working behind the scenes to disable and disarm you. Temporary solutions mean either medication or counseling. The only real solution is in Christ for complete deliverance.
John 10:10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).
When we allow the stronghold of panic to remain it invites other strongholds and itself could have been invited by a stronghold such as bitterness, unforgiveness, guilt, fear, anger, rage, and so forth. It’s hard to say how panic took root but the roots of panic usually lie inside of our thoughts, memories, circumstances or imaginings apart from God.

5 Biblical tips to overcome a stronghold of panic.
1. First and foremost, trust God. A mind stayed on God and his promises will never drift into the what-ifs of fear.
Psalm 53:5 There they are—panic-stricken— but there was no reason to panic, because God has scattered the bones of those who set up camp against you. You put them to shame. After all, God has rejected them.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts andplans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts andplansfor welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.
2. Know Jesus as your Lord and Savior. He came so that we may have life and have it more abundantly. 1 Thessalonians 4:1
Mark 16:6 The young man said to them, “Don’t panic! You’re looking for Jesus from Nazareth, who was crucified. He has been brought back to life. He’s not here. Look at the place where they laid him.
3. Allow God’s words to wash over you. The more time you spend in the word and getting to know the real Christ, the less panic, fear, and all other strongholds will have control over your life.
Proverbs 1:23-28 23 If you will turn (repent) and give heed to my reproof, behold, I [Wisdom] will pour out my spirit upon you, I will make my words known to you. 24 Because I have called and you have refused [to answer], have stretched out my hand and no man has heeded it,25 And you treated as nothing all my counsel and would accept none of my reproof, 26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when the thing comes that shall cause you terror and panic—27 When your panic comes as a storm and desolation and your calamity comes on as a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you. 28 Then will they call upon me [Wisdom] but I will not answer; they will seek me early and diligently but they will not find me.
Psalm 51:7 Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean [ceremonially]; wash me, and I shall [in reality] be whiter than snow.
4. Turn your thoughts to thoughts of love, peace, forgiveness, and purity.
Philippians 4:8 For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them].
5. Follow Christ and rest in knowing that He will never leave you nor forsake you.
Hebrews 13:5 Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]
Written by Christian author, Pola Muzyka.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can we help?