There are times when it seems as though we are fighting a losing battle with intellectualism, but we have the victory already. The victory is evident in our faith. We see changes according to our faith and miracles that the world can never explain intellectually.
God is not our brains. Our brains were given by God and are subject to decay, illness, and deterioration. God is spirit and exists in multi dimensions and levels without flaws or an end. God is omnipotent, everlasting, and exists beyond any human interpretation or understanding. God is not an energy force, an angel, or a human--He is that He is--the Father of all existence.
However, the world is arrogantly bent on diminishing the evidence of God's existence and minimizing life to what we can see, feel, hear, smell and taste while using the fragile, sinful, passing bodies and brains we inherited.
All the better to kill you, my dear. If the world can convince you that there is nothing beyond the natural, you lose hope, live destructively for today, lose faith, do whatever feels good to you without considering the consequences, and pass on a paganistic approach to tomorrow. Human reasoning is flawed at best and all the good a human does without God is like filthy rags.
Not all scientists relegate existence to chance, evolution, and human brain reasoning, however. These are the scientists whose evidences should become part of our understanding and knowledge. Some links below.
A view of the cloister garden and statue of Jesus from one of the walkways at Holy Spirit Monastery in Conyers, Georgia
5 Biblical tips to understanding beyond:
1. Get to know your Bible. Don't take someone's word above God's word, but allow the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit (a spiritual Being) and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth (reality). John 4:23 A time will come, however, indeed it is already here, when the true (genuine) worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth (reality); for the Father is seeking just such people as these as His worshipers.
John 6:63 It is the Spirit Who gives life [He is the Life-giver]; the flesh conveys no benefit whatever [there is no profit in it]. The words (truths) that I have been speaking to you are spirit and life.
2. Check everything out with the word of God which has existed and prophesied accurately for thousands of years.
John 1:1 In the beginning [before all time] was the Word ( Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.
1 John 1:1 [We are writing] about the Word of Life [ in] Him Who existed from the beginning, Whom we have heard, Whom we have seen with our [own] eyes, Whom we have gazed upon [for ourselves] and have touched with our [own] hands.
3. Choose the input you receive wisely. A world on the edge of ruin will create a fantasy regarding the reality of God's existence and life after our fragile bodies. However, God is clear in his word about the evidence of his existence and the life beyond our skin.
2 Peter 3:5 For they willfully overlook and forget this [fact], that the heavens [came into] existence long ago by the word of God, and the earth also which was formed out of water and by means of water,
4. Do not disregard the evidence of Jesus and witness of his resurrection, his glorified body, and ascension when you hear a partial and flawed report on heaven, hell, or the existence of God or spirit.
John 14:23 Jesus answered, If a person [really] loves Me, he will keep My word [obey My teaching]; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home (abode, special dwelling place) with him.
1 John 5:7 So there are three witnesses in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are One;
1 Corinthians 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
5. Submit to, expect, and experience God's guidance. Without submitting humbly to God you will never know the truth. The intellectual without wisdom and godly understanding is only reporting what they hear, see, feel and learn in the natural. God will not be and is not with them.
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Written by Christian author, Pola Muzyka.
Further your research:
Reasons To Believe : Where Science & Faith Converge www.reasons.org/
- Discovery Series
- Answers to Tough Questions
- A Former Atheist Explains God
The Stronghold Smashers information is free. If you enjoy or have enjoyed Stronghold Smashers, please pass this information on to your friends and loved ones. Thank you.
Post a Comment
How can we help?