From the editorial Free from the Stronghold of Accusation written by Christian author, Pola Muzyka. This editorial is meant to be a stepping stone in uncovering the demonic strongholds that keep us captive and prevent us from receiving God’s best. Explore the website to see how strongholds may be trying to surround you and strip your life of God’s blessings.
The spirit of accusation stands ready to point a finger when it is challenged. Why? What is this spirit of accusation and how can we rid ourselves of it permanently?
A fault finder, or host of accusation, looks for perfection. The accuser spirit becomes a stronghold when a host is seeking an assurance of security and self-justification. Accusing is a way to sanction personal inadequacies while blaming others, thereby taking the attention off the real problem, which could be in something the host is harboring. Like other strongholds, an accuser stronghold invites reinforcement to sanction it’s right to the host–blame, defensiveness, false religion, and any number of other spirits can follow or proceed this demonic stronghold.
If a stronghold of accusation is built, the host of accusation will forever be unhappy, forever be left unsatisfied, and forever search for that justification that only is found in a right relationship with God.
|The woman taken in adultery|
1. Ask God to help you see things from His point of view. A worldly POV would only keep us accusing even those made righteous. When we see the beauty around us we spend less time looking at the faults of others.
Romans 3:23-24 Since all have sinned and are falling short of the honor and glory which God bestows and receives. [All] are justified and made upright and in right standing with God, freely and gratuitously by His grace (His unmerited favor and mercy), through the redemption which is [provided] in Christ Jesus,
2 Corinthians 6:8 Amid honor and dishonor; in defaming and evil report and in praise and good report. [We are branded] as deceivers (impostors), and [yet vindicated as] truthful and honest.
2. Be cautious and wise before you judge. There are very few righteous accusers. Even our Creator will not judge the world until the judgment time comes.
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
John: 8:6-10 10 When Jesus raised Himself up, He said to her, Woman, where are your accusers? Has no man condemned you?
3. Put your trust in the salvation of Jesus Christ and don’t be overwrought by the accusation of others for anything you did in the past before you came to Christ and turned from sin
Hebrews 2:14 Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil,
Luke 15:7 Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.
4. Once you come into the kingdom by receiving Christ Jesus and turning from sin, don’t go back to a life lived in sin. Your past is forgiven, your accusers cannot destroy your future. A religious spirit cannot take you down.
Ephesians 2:1-2 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—
5. Never fear false accusations or accusations from sins of your past. The accuser that tries to infiltrate our thoughts, lives, and those around us is an enemy. He was an accuser from the beginning. Do not join him.
Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.
- New Creatures in Christ (savedbygraceblogdotcom.wordpress.com)
- Stronghold of Suspicion